Crochet Sphere Pattern Generator
By Patrick Rodriguez, December 2011, updated July 2012
For making a perfect sphere. No more hexagons or misshapen ovals!
*For example, I've measured a single crochet stitch using worsted weight yarn and an H hook to be about 6 mm wide (mid-post to mid-post) and 5 mm tall, but your gauge may vary.
- Make a small swatch using the stitch that you intend to use for your sphere.
- Measure the height and width of one stitch in millimeters.*
- Enter these numbers into the form, along with the diameter of the sphere you want to make, in millimeters.
- Press submit. The pattern will appear below.
Abbreviations and stitches used:
- st - The stitch that you choose to use. Can be single crochet, half double, double, etc.
- sl st - Slip Stitch. Insert hook into next stitch, draw up a loop and pull it through the loop on your hook.
- inc - Work two stitches in the next stitch (increase by 1).
- dec - Decrease a stitch or stitch two together. Depends on the stitch used. In general, before making your last "pull through" to complete a stitch, insert hook into next stitch and make a new stitch. On the last pull through, pull through all loops on hook.
Pattern will appear here.